viernes, 15 de julio de 2011

Thank you.

Today, for the first time in, what has seemed years, I wanted to act again. And once again, in my journey of self discovery, I stood in front of the mirror, and recited new words, spoke of dreams hidden in the perseverance of carrying on, and of fears that sometimes need to be faced in order to win. I have been waiting so long to see another movie that would inspire me to act. Today was the day I found it. Surprisingly enough, it was Xmen First Class. The movie talks about being able to find the good... and not hiding just because you're different. It's been said many times before, but you don't always recognize the dilemma you're facing until you see it in someone else. Contrary to what I'd like, I guess I've been quite scared lately, to be different, to be unaccepted, to be strange. And, for the first time in ages, I feel like it's okay to be me. It's okay to be feel the way I do, because I'm not alone. And I know one day I will find someone who can see that in me, and who is able to accept it, and to love it, regardless of the situation. I know that will happen someday. But today.... I just really wanted to act. And I thank God for that. For putting that passion in me, and allowing it to grow, and maybe I will never be an actress, and that's okay... but loving it as much as I do... it saves me, every time. It makes me who I am. I feel liberated. I feel like I am myself again. Like I found my way back from my dark place. Thank you, God, whoever you are.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario