jueves, 15 de septiembre de 2011

I love you, dad.

Today I wanna write about my father. He is an exceptional man. Sometimes, I wonder what my life would look like without him, who I would be without him.
He was raised in a family with 7 other siblings, his father was a harsh man. He taught him values like respect for the elders, he taught him to care, he taught him to work hard, and always choose the hard way. One of my father's brothers used to always get into fights with him. One day, he killed himself in the barn with my grandfather's riffle. I know it's something that has tortured my dad for years.
One of the things that I admire the most is his extraordinary work ethic. He is the kind of man that tries to make a difference every day, and who never under any circumstance, compromises his morality.
Sometimes, I feel a little guilty for not studying law. I wish law could make me happy. I wish that I was good enough to do law. But I have to keep believing that my father is proud of me regardless of what I do. I love him for that. He always tells me that all he wants is for me to be happy. I think that if I'm half as good a parent as he has been, I will have done my job correctly.
I honestly think my dad is the best dad in the entire universe.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario