miércoles, 16 de marzo de 2011

Cancer

There are these anthems, these inspiring songs, for cancer survivors, but nobody talks about how ugly it is, how tough it is to beat. I have never experienced it myself, but I can only imagine how tough it is.. and I find it so stupid how some people just live away wasting their lives trying to reach some social status, criticising others.... it just doesn't make any sense.
I was in the bus today and at the bus stop in the hospital, this girl got on, and she had no hair but she is the prettiest girl I have ever seen. Her mother was explaining to her how she has to take her meds and when the next chemo will be. Her skin was pale, and her eyes looked shiny and bright. And I just thought... life is short, and there's this inevitability of being sick... I was so inspired to be in the presence of such strength. I want my life to mean something, believe in something greater. I don't think people are great despite the obstacles, they're great because of them.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario